If you want to learn how to make a professional quality belt, check out our step-by-step tutorial.
What are some other items I might need to make a belt?
There are other items besides dye and stamping tools you may need to make a good quality belt. These sometimes get overlooked, so make sure to review this list, especially if you’re new to making belts.
- Try an edger to take off the sharp, hard corners of the belt
- Get the necessary punches to make belt holes, slots and strap ends
- Use a glycerine bar to smooth the edges and back of the belt
- Make sure to secure the belt with a leather loop
- Get some snaps as needed
- And lastly, you will of course want to get a belt buckle