Ross Brunk explains his process for making a clean, crisp basket stamp on veg tan leather from Hermann Oak. One of Barry King’s most popular leather stamps can be deceptively difficult to use properly. But with a scratch awl and patience, you’ll be a master in no time.
In this video, Ross Brunk, an award-winning saddle maker from Billings, MT, shows us how he carves a Sheridan style flower into Hermann Oak leather. Using various tools from Barry King, all of which can be purchased at Montana Leather, Ross shares some of his incredible knowledge of the craft.
The items in this video include:
- Hermann Oak veg tan leather (8 ounces or thicker)
- Barry King swivel knife (0:43)
- Barry King maul (0:43)
- Barry King lifter (undershot) (2:04)
- Barry King horizontal thumbprint (2:39)
- Barry King checkered beveler (3:51)
- Barry King flower center (4:23)
- Barry King center shader (4:50)
- Barry King center pod (5:10)
- Barry King stop (5:10)